Human are one of the few animals unable to produce Vitamin C and must get it from external sources every day. It is found abundantly in organically grown freshly harvested fruits and vegetables such as papaya, tomatoes, and brussels sprouts. But when we are not growing our own organic fruit and veggies, it's recommended to take as a supplement.
Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid is a water-soluble antioxidant.
Dr. Szent-Gyorgi's Nobel Prize paper points out how they proved the isolated ascorbic acid was vitamin C.
"This was the first proof that ascorbic acid was identical with vitamin C".
AminoPure+ contains 100mg of Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid in each daily capsule.
Not only is this insurance against the increased demands of aging, but research proves the effects of vitamin C are wide ranging. Vitamin C is said to immunize against cancer, saves arteries by driving up HDL, raises immunity by increasing production of lymphocytes; reverses biological clock by increasing white blood cell level in elderly; enhance adrenal function; improves sperm and restores male fertility; combats gum disease; suppresses high blood pressure; and regenerates Vitamin E and glutathione.
Many research studies have concluded that Vitamin C is among the safest and least-toxic natural nutrients that can be taken. Both long term and high oral intakes of up to 200,000 mg and intravenous doses of up to 300,000 mg of Vitamin C is safe and has no side effects. Likewise, studies show that there are no evidence of toxicity or side effects in giving late stage cancer patients 50,000 mg of intravenous Vitamin C daily for up to 8 weeks. Moreover, AIDS patients were given anywhere between 25,000 to 125,000 mg of Vitamin C on a regular basis based on bowel tolerance without any side effects.
Vitamin C is undeniably a safe supplement even when given in high doses over a long period of time.
Those with adrenal fatigue, especially at advanced stage, may experience increased anxiety and or fatigue with vitamin C. This is due to a liver clearance problem and not the vitamin C itself.
Vitamin C is broken down into metabolites prior to its excretion from the body. If this breakdown process is dysfunctional or functionally sub-optimally ( as frequently seen in advance adrenal weakness), the speed of clearance is reduced. As a result, metabolites accumulate and circulate in the body for a longer period of time. This excessive circulating metabolite can trigger a wide variety of "re-toxification" like symptoms including malaise, joint pain, anxiety, fatigue, heart palpitations, etc. These are not side effects of vitamin C.
"Those with adrenal fatigue, especially in the advance stage, may experience increased anxiety and or fatigue with vitamin C. This is generally due to a clearance problem and not the vitamin C itself." Dr Lam14
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for adrenal fatigue, which is an increasingly common problem.
More about AminoPure+: getyourboomback.com/products/aminopure
1. Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases, and Toxins
2. Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome
3. Immune-enhancing role of vitamin C and zinc and effect on clinical conditions.
4. Dr Bate: Mineral Toxicity and Chelation
5. Vitamin C Requirements: Optimal Health Benefits versus Overdose
6. VITAMIN C - by Lawrence Wilson, MD
8. The effect of chronic stress on hepatic and gastric lipid peroxidation in long-term depletion of glutathione in rats.
9. Dr. Rowe, Carl (2011-10-27). Glutathione
10. CHELATION THERAPY By Lawrence Wilson, MD
11. High-dose vitamin C versus placebo in the treatment of patients with advanced cancer who have had no prior chemotherapy. A randomized double-blind comparison.
12. Vitamin C, titrating to bowel tolerance, anascorbemia, and acute induced scurvy
13. Cureszone Post: Liver and Vitamin C
14. Dr Lam: Vitamin C Safety
15. Liver Foundation